5 Beauty Products That Weren't a Waste of £££

Sunday 7 May 2017

Here are all my favourites. I only included 5 of these products otherwise this post would've gone on for ages! If you want to see the other 5, I will make a follow up blog post. Happy reading! :)

Now, I am the kind of girl who loves buying makeup (or anything for that matter) and only uses half of the things I've bought- as I don't wear makeup everyday.

Here are 5 of my favourite beauty products that I use on a daily basis. If you'd like to know my top 5 skincare products, just ask! Also, if you want to see the rest of my favourite beauty products (as I have another 5) I can do a blog post for you :)
I'll start with what you'd put on first and work my way up.


Mac Strobe Cream- £10 (30ml), £25 (50ml)

Tip! A way to save money is to buy two 30ml ones (60ml total) for £20 as then you get 10ml more and it's £5 cheaper!

This product is so beautiful and iridescent on the high points of the face (cheekbones, nose, cupids bow and under the eyebrows).  It is so natural looking but when the light hits your face, it gives a healthy glow to your skin. I use this nearly every single day and I only have the 30ml version and its lasted so long! I would recommend this for a beginner as it is so easy to use but also to someone more experienced as I think it is very good value for money. 
I love to use my products for more than one thing, so you could always pop this on your eyelids and BOOM, you have a eyeshadow primer/base.


Too Faced No Makeup Makeup- £31

This product is great for a beginner as it has a concealer, brightening concealer, highlighter, blush veil, bronzer veil and a cream blush. I think that if you travel a lot or just want all your Makeup in a palette then this is great for you because it has all the basic base products. If you're looking for high coverage makeup then this might not be for you but I will still recommend it as the highlighter is AMAZING! I will admit, I don't use everything in this palette, but I would definitely buy it again just for the highlighter. No, seriously, the highlighter is by far the best highlighter I've ever tried. It doesn't have glitter in it, just a shimmer and a glow, and it has a pink hint to it. The other things in the palette are good for someone just starting out with makeup, but as someone more experienced with makeup, the makeup is either too cakey and thick or just too glittery. 
Tip! This product works well with the strobe cream. Place strobe cream on the high points and then place the highlighter from this palette over the top- it works wonders!


Burberry Contour Stick- £25

OMG, this is probably my favourite makeup product ever. Instead of payin thousands to go on holiday for a tan, just buy this instead! (Only joking- but seriously, it's fantastic!)
What can I say, it blends well, it is the perfect for porcelaine skin colours as it isn't too dark and for deep tan skin colours, and overall it gives you more of a bronzed look than a chiselled look. So, if you're going for the chiselled, Angelina Jolie Maleficent look, this is not for you, but if you want to look bronzed like you've just come back from 2 weeks in the Bahamas, it's worth every penny!



Shu Umera Eyelash Curler- £20

Technically, this is not makeup, but, it is one of my favourites and I use it every single day (even when I don't wear makeup, so I had to include it). Yes, this is very expensive for an eyelash curler, before I decided to splurge and buy this one I had the £1 Primark ones! The Primark ones did do the job, but I would always get my eyelid caught in them and they were so bulky. These ones curl every eyelash, fit in a makeup bag easily, don't hurt and make your eyelashes look amazing! So many people have complimented me on my eyelashes and thought they were naturally that curly (now the secret is out that they aren't).




Benefit They're Real Brown Mascara- £20.50, £10.50 mini

A lot of my friends have tried this and said it didn't work for them, however, I have bought this product over and over again in many different colours as I love it! It separates the lashes so they aren't clumpy and it lengthens them extremely well. I will apply this and then curl my eyelashes and it makes them so long. Another thing I love about this is that it makes your eyelashes look like they have nothing on them ('no makeup makeup' look I love, as you couldn't already tell by now). If you don't want to buy the big one, just get the sample version. Try it now and you'll thank me later.




Top to Bottom- Mac Strobe Cream, Anastasia Brow Wiz, Too Faced No Makeup Makeup highlighter, Becca Opal, Burberry Contour Stick.


Thankyou for reading,
From your online best friend, Nadia xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment