Tropical Smoothie Bowl ♡ Recipe

Wednesday 21 June 2017




 As it has been so hot in the UK at the minute, I've been making smoothie bowls a lot! What I'll usually do is, pick the fruits that I think will go well together (and that I fancy at the time) and then I just make up my own recipes.
To be honest, I'm not the best baker/cook, but I've been practicing more and more and to my surprise, I've gotten a lot better!

This tropical smoothie bowl tastes so delicious and has the texture of a sorbet- but if you want it to be thinner to drink with a straw, then I'll tell you what you need to do.

Also, I am sitting here writing this blogpost as I am eating my creation, it's yummy ≧◡≦ 



You will need:
A blender, of course!
100% pure apple juice (no added sugar)
Around 6 mango slices- I bought the ones that are already cut up so it's easier
One handful of ice (leave this out if you want it to be a thinner smoothie)
Half a lemon
Mixed frozen fruit- mine was papaya, pineapple and mango

On the top of my smoothie bowl:
Chia seeds- they provide fiber, calcium, iron and anti oxidants (and they taste great)
Strawberries
Blueberries

You can add whatever you want on the top.


I then all my ingredients into the Vitamix (you don't have to have something like a Vitamix, any powerful blender will do)
Tip: put the juice at the very bottom, then the softer things, then the frozen things- when the frozen ingredients are right at the bottom, they could break the blades, so be careful! 





Pour the mixture into a bowl to eat right away. 
Tip: if you want it to be like ice cream, you can swap the apple juice for almond milk (as this will make it creamy), put it into a container and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. I tried this and it made it so creamy and delicious! Just make sure if you do this, consume it all in one day- it's not that it goes bad, but when its left in the freezer overnight it goes rock solid and icy. 


 You can leave the smoothie as it is, or, you can decorate it- I recommend decorating it! 


And there you have it, one tropical summertime smoothie bowl! I hope you give it a try, it's quick, it's easy, and as I've already mentioned lots of times- it tastes delicious too! 
Don't forget to tag me in your creations @nadiapetersenblog 

Thanks for reading, 
from your online best friend,
Nadia
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to have to try it out now. Those pictures are great too x

    ReplyDelete